Mental Health & Wellbeing
Just Homes Care is always looking for ways on how we can support our employees and service user’s health and mental wellbeing. With one in four people in the UK experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lifetime, it is very likely that you yourself or a colleague you know will have a mental health difficulty.
Mental health is about how we think, feel and behave. Anxiety and depression are the most common mental health problems. They are often a reaction to a difficult life event, such as bereavement, divorce but can also be caused by work related stress.
We want to break the negative stigma around mental health and get people talking openly, we want to encourage and support our employees and friends to do this with each other and their families because each conversation really can help.
As part of our continued commitment to support our employees with mental wellbeing we are publishing a set of books which provides an introduction to mental health and wellbeing. The booklets have been developed by the mental health charity Mind and Include:
- Understanding mental health problems
- Understanding anxiety and panic attacks
- Understanding depression
- How to manage stress
- How to be mentally healthy at work
- The Mind guide to seeking help for a mental health problem
- How to be mentally healthy at work (Mind e-booklet) 2020
- How to manage stress (Mind e-booklet) 2020
- The Mind guide to seeking help for a mental health problem (Mind e-booklet) 2020
- Understanding anxiety (Mind e-booklet) 2020
- Understanding depression (Mind e-booklet) 2020
- Understanding mental health problems (Mind e-booklet) 2020
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
There are plenty of things that affect our everyday lives such as our health, finances, personal and work life. Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) telephone support line is open 24/7, 365 days a year to offer support when it is needed.