Support to live the way you want to live
Just homes care understands that it is important for you to choose where you want to live and who you want to live with. You may choose to live on your own or you may choose to live with others in a shared house. You may need support for a few hours per week to 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Just Homes Care has various accommodations available in the Pontefract and Wakefield area but if any of these are not suitable to you we can help you find a home.
We support people with a variety of needs including people with a learning disability, Autism, physical disabilities, mental health conditions and people with more complex needs.
What type of support do we deliver?
In supported living people are supported to take control of their own life, make choices and be as Independent as they can be.
Some of the things that we can support you with are:
- Developing your everyday living skills such as shopping, cooking and cleaning.
- Support you with your personal care, including managing and administering medication.
- Providing support with your tenancy which includes understanding your tenancy, maintaining your home and liaising with your landlord.
- Support to apply for benefits.
- Support with your mail and correspondence
- Support with budgeting and making sure your bills are paid on time.
- Developing your Independence by enabling you to make your own choices and decisions about your own life.
- Supporting you to access your local and wider community.
- Develop your Independent travel skills if needed.
- Support you to access further training, a voluntary role and into paid employment.
- Support to maintain and make new friendships and have meaningful relationships.
- Support to access leisure and social activities in your local and wider community
Have your say!
Just Homes Care encourage all the people we support to have an active role in all aspects of their care and everyday living. We want you to support us with making the right decisions on how our services are run.
You can get involved in such things as:
- Our Quality Assurance process
- “My life” Advocacy group
- Staff recruitment
- Drop in sessions